Monday, January 10, 2011

back to work

Heading back to work after a long weekend is sometimes difficult.  However, heading back to work after 3.5 months off is at best challenging.  Today was my first day back and although a lot has changed in the past few months, I am hopeful that soon it will become normal.

Tip #1:  Take things easy.  Keep your expectations in line with reality.  The first couple of days catch up on the items that you know you can handle - emails, etc.

Tip #2:  Plan ahead.  Getting to the office may have seemed difficult a few months ago, but it is a new feat to get out the door with an infant.  Plan ahead for feeding in the morning, pack the bag in the evening, and get up extra early the first few mornings.

Tip #3:  Set a routine.  Even if you do not keep to that routine, setting a routine will help things seem normal quicker.  Plus, it's a bonus if you can keep to the routine.  For instance, my after-work routine will be to start dinner, clean up a few things, work out, etc.

As I continue my journey back to the office everyday, I am hopeful that it will be a part of my routine again soon.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely post, thanks for the share. Also, if you are visit our website if you are looking for assistance with your nursing assignment:

    Nursing Assignment Help

    ReplyDelete