Tuesday, November 23, 2010

splish, splash, i was taking...

... a bath.  Tonight, I was helping my son with his usually nightly routine - dinner, bath, play, and bed.  Tonight he was in the tub playing with his bath toys.  We were picking out letters and saying the letters with corresponding words.  We spelled out a few words - Up, Down, Nate.  It was a lot of fun... but it reminded me that everything we do daily to cut the crust off is just that - cutting the cut off to get to the good stuff.

After we spelled a few words, he began splashing, laughing and having a blast... all the while I was getting soaked.  Some days this would incredibly frustrate me, but tonight I just enjoyed the moment I had with my three year old.

Remember to enjoy the small moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment