- Clean closet
- Finish kids' room
- Scrapbooking (this has piled up over the past three years)
- Start and finish re-decorating master bedroom
- I am sure I will think of more things over the next couple of weeks.
I don't have before and after pictures, but here is an after picture, so you will have to imagine adding four garbage bags full of clothes, plus two bins of maternity clothes.
Last month, I read two blogs that talked about O Magazine's article by Martha Beck's called "The Joy Dividend". In the article, she broke down shopping and money into four categories:
- I need it and I love it
- I don't need it, but I love it
- I need it, but I don't love it
- I don't need it and I don't love it
With these categories in mind, I tried on a lot of the items in my closet. I was true to myself in the fact that I asked myself - do I love this? If not, it went to the donation pile.
This project felt so good. This is one of the many projects that was weighing me down. Now, on to finishing the kids' room.